Consumer Directed Services
The Consumer Directed Services (CDS) program provides assistance to individuals with disabilities who are 18 years of age or older and are able to self-direct their own care. With this program, the Consumer is able to hire their own personal care attendant to perform routine tasks of daily living and other tasks the Consumer is unable to perform alone, allowing the Consumer to live independently. The Consumer will recruit, choose, hire, train, and manage their personal care attendant. Daily living activities can include personal hygiene, toileting, dressing, grooming, bathing, housekeeping, meal preparation and transportation for shopping and errands. The Consumer is the employer; however, On My Own, Inc., as the fiscal agent/provider, handles payroll issues on behalf of the Consumer.
Through Consumer Directed Services, you can:
- Direct your own care
- Hire and train your own personal care attendant (cannot be spouse)
- If you are an Attendant and would like to be on the available attendant list for consumers, call our Data Department to be added to the list.
- Live in your own home
- Have the flexibility to coordinate your schedule of personal care
- Receive support and training from On My Own, Inc.
- Receive a comprehensive evaluation and assessment of your care needs through DSDS.
Your Personal Independent Living Specialist can assist you with:
- Independent and Systems Advocacy
- Independent Living Skills Training
- Information and Referrals for needed resources
- Missouri Medicaid/MO Healthnet eligible
- Disabled and capable of making decisions regarding both your healthcare and your employer responsibilities
- Over 18 years of age
- Score at least 24 points on a needs assessment performed by DSDS
Please call or use our Contact form to request more information about Consumer Directed Services (CDS).