Thank you for your employment interest with On My Own, Inc. We are a non-profit independent living center that provides many different programs and services, as well as in-home care. We strive to assist individuals with disabilities to remain living independently in their homes while continuing to be involved and productive members in the community. We are constantly looking for qualified, reliable, dedicated, and compassionate individuals to provide services to our clients to attain their goal of independence at home. We are always accepting applications and will keep them actively on file for one year from the date of application. As positions come available, we will review those applications that are current to see if a qualified candidate has applied. On My Own, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all individuals are encouraged to apply.
Below you will see information about different opportunities to work for or with On My Own, Inc. or its clients/consumers and a brief description of the types of positions available and how to apply.
ALL APPLICANTS must be registered with the Family Care Safety Registry for consideration of any position. The FCSR forms are included in each application packet and must be completed, signed, and returned regardless of registration status; they are required to be on file with us so that we may complete the background screening. If you are unsure about your registration status, or if you need to register, you may check your status or register here.
The office application packet is for those individuals applying for one of our internal office support positions located at one of our office locations, either Nevada or Collins. If you have strong clerical skills, reception experience, data entry experience, management, accounting, or administrative experience, or a background in social work or independent living skills, please complete our office application to be considered for an office position.
The Agency Directed/In-Home Aide application packet is for those individuals who are interested in working in our in-home department as an aide or certified nursing assistant as an employee of On My Own, Inc. As an employee of On My Own, our scheduling staff will work with you and your full time or part time availability and our clients’ needs to set up a schedule that works for everyone. We provide office training which includes First Aid and C.P.R. certification, and on the job training with one of our aide trainers. Also, as one of our employees, once you have attained full time status and met those eligibility requirements, we have a great benefit package that includes plans for health, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability, and accident insurance. We also have a retirement plan that employees over 21 may participate in by payroll deduction immediately, no waiting period.
Listed below are the minimum qualifications for becoming an On My Own In-Home aide or C.N.A.:
On My Own, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Attendant Data Specialist
On My Own is accepting applications for an Attendant Data Specialist.
The Attendant Data Specialist is responsible for all attendant applications in the Data Department, CDS payroll, processing of In-Home aide payroll, CDS filing and a backup for the Data Director in her absence. The Attendant Data Specialist reports directly to the Data Director. This is a full-time position.
Requires a regular and consistent physical presence in the Nevada office at On My Own, and the duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Understands and adheres to the established On My Own policies and procedures.
- Process new attendant files including FCSR, E-Verify, Employee Disqualification List & Sex Offender Registry.
- Add attendants to Self Service Check Stub module, set up in CDS Payroll Portal and print information to attendant.
- Process CDS payroll using unused hours spreadsheet, CYMA and MITC.
- Maintain Registration List and Available Attendant List.
- Verify with Biller Medicaid eligibility for Consumers before finalizing payroll.
- Maintain LEIE spreadsheet and run reports on a monthly basis against attendant names.
- Process attendants in MITC for telephony system.
- Update attendants pay increases as they are received from Consumer/employer (CYMA, MITC, and registration list).
- Process all CDS attendant employment verifications for the Consumer/employer.
- Process In-Home aide payroll.
- Handle calls for CDS and In-Home aide missed punches.
- Manage CDS filing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide customer service in the Data Department over the phone and at the Data window.
- Participate in team building activities.
Education / Experience
High School Diploma or GED required.
Skills / Job Knowledge
· Computer skills including but not limited to MS Office, MS Excel, Acrobat Reader, Email, CYMA, MITC and other departmental specific software.
· Use interpersonal, organizational and communication skills through verbal and written communication in order to carry out directions or instructions and accurately communicate ideas, questions, problems and solutions.
· Use professional phone etiquette with clients, consumers, staff and community members.
· Maintain confidentiality and knowledge of Privacy Laws.
· Have attention to detail.
· Effectively deal with the demands of the job by prioritizing job tasks and multi-tasking while maintaining accuracy.
· Work as a team with other employees and be respectful of others.
We are a not for profit, Non-Residential Center for Independent Living that was founded in 1997. We are a community based agency that provides the core services of Independent Living and a full range of services for people with disABILITIES.
We embrace the Independent Living Philosophy which includes self determination, equal access and self respect for all people. Our Mission is to empower people with disabilities to live as full and productive members of society. We serve Bates, Cedar, Hickory, St.Clair and Vernon counties in Missouri.
Each applicant must be registered with the Family Care Safety Registry.
If you meet these qualifications, please download an office application packet and mail the completed application packet and required documentation to: On My Own, Inc., Attention Data Director, 428 E. Highland, Nevada, MO 64772.
On My Own is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
On My Own is accepting applications for a PRN LPN.
This position will assist the In-Home Director at On My Own In-Home Care as needed. The LPN shall provide compassionate service and respect the personal dignity of clients, the public, and co-workers in a spirit of cooperation. According to established policies and procedures, the LPN will provide and supply professional nursing care. The LPN exercises independent judgment in utilizing the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate client care. The LPN will work closely with and guide in-home aides through education and training to provide care to assigned clients. The LPN will comply with the Code of Ethics and maintain confidentiality. The LPN will maintain an open communication/collaboration with other client providers such as physicians, caseworkers, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist the RN and/or In-Home Director with any classroom teachings and demonstrations as needed.
2. Assess clients’ health conditions.
3. Communicate with the Department of Health and Senior Services/Division of Senior and Disability Services (DHSS/DSDS) information pertaining to the client including but not limited to: requests for an increase, reduction, or discontinuation of services, changes in the client conditions, client non-compliance with care plan, non-delivery of authorized services, or the need for increased DHSS/DSDS involvement. LPNs will consult with the In-Home Director or designee regarding communication with DHSS/DSDS.
4. Conduct monthly on-site visits of basic Personal Care Attendant (PCA or In-Home Aide) recipients based on a 10% sample of On My Own In-Home Care combined Medicaid caseload size as of the beginning of each month.
a. The caseload size for the monthly on-site 10% visits will exclude In-Home Aide recipients receiving authorized nurse visits.
b. If client total 300 or more, there is a maximum of 30 10% visits monthly. If client total is fewer than 20 clients, a minimum of 2 visits monthly.
c. Home visit shall include:
i. Evaluation of the adequacy of the Plan of Care (POC) in meeting the needs and condition of the client;
ii. Review of the POC with the client;
iii. Assessment of the In-Home Aide relative to his/her ability to carry out the POC.
5. Maintain an on-site log containing:
a. Client’s name
c. Date of the visit
d. In-Home Aide’s name
e. Observation of In-Home Aide’s performance
f. Observation of adequacy of the service plan
g. Unless supported by the client’s medical condition or all clients have been visited, a service recipient shall not receive more than one(1) combined nurse on-site visit and supervisory on-site visit per 6 months
h. Maintain a current medication record for clients authorized for weekly med set-ups.
6. Present documentation to the RN to review and sign 100% of the General Health Evaluations (GHEs) made by the LPN, and to review and sign 10% of the Nurse Visit Reports.
7. Authorized Nurse Visits may consist of the following tasks:
a. Filling one week supply of insulin syringes for diabetics;
b. Setting up oral medications in client pill planner(s);
c. Monitor client skin condition if at risk for skin breakdown;
d. Providing nail care for diabetics or other medically contraindicating conditions;
e. Providing other services in situations as authorized by DHSS which do not come under the definition of Home Health programs, such as assessments for DHSS to determine eligibility for CDS and or Agency Directed program.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Combination of education, training, and experience providing the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Use computer skills including but not limited to MS Office, MS Excel, Acrobat Reader, and Email (Microsoft Outlook).
Use interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills through verbal and written communication in order to carry out directions or instructions, and accurately communicated ideas, questions, problems and solutions.
Ability to communicate and interact with persons from varying cultures and backgrounds.
Effectively deal with the demands of the job by prioritizing job tasks and multi-tasking while maintaining accuracy.
Work as a team with other employees.
Be respectful of others.
Graduate from an approved school of training for the LPN program. Prefer 2 years experience as an LPN.
Must be licensed in the State of Missouri as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Must maintain current CPR certification.
Ability to perform the following tasks if necessary:
- Have the ability to push or pull, lift, carry up to 50 pounds;
- Have the ability to walk, sit, stand, climb, crawl and/or kneel, bend, stoop or crouch, twist, and/or turn, reach below the the shoulder, reach to the shoulder, reach above the shoulder, and perform repetitive movements;
- Be exposed frequently to dim light, bright light, mechanical hazards, hazardous substances, infectious diseases, and harmful physical agents.
- Have the ability to hear, have good vision, manual dexterity, speaking abilities, sense of taste and smell, and normal color vision.
If you meet these qualifications and would like to apply, please download an office application packet and mail the completed application packet and required documentation to: On My Own, Inc., Attention: Amanda Fisher, 428 E. Highland Ave., Nevada, MO 64772 or email it to email@example.com.
Agency Directed (In-Home) Aides
We are currently offering a $150 sign-on bonus for In-Home Aides. We are hiring In-Home Aides in Vernon, Bates, and Hickory, but are accepting applications for our entire service area. We serve Bates, Benton, Cedar, Henry, Hickory, Polk, St. Clair and Vernon counties. Aides will provide in-home personal care, homemaker, and respite services to our clients. CNA preferred but not required. Training provided. Competitive pay and benefit packages available.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Valid drivers license, insurance, and reliable transportation
- Ability to lift up to 50 lb
- Ability to read, write and follow directions
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must also meet one of the following:
- Have at least 6 months paid work experience as an agency homemaker, maid or household worker
- At least 1-year experience, paid or unpaid, in caring for children or for sick or aged individuals
- Successful completion of formal training in nursing arts or as a nurse aide or home health aide.
Qualified applicants may download the Agency Directed Aide Application packet from the selections above.
Consumer Directed Services Attendants
We are currently accepting applications for full and part time Consumer Directed Services Attendants. These applicants will be put on an available Attendant list and provided to our consumers so they may contact you for an interview when they are hiring. You would be an employee of the consumer, not On My Own, Inc.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Valid drivers license, insurance, and reliable transportation
- Ability to lift up to 75 lb
- Must be able to pass a background check
Qualified applicants may download the Consumer Directed Services Attendant Application packet from the selections above.